We’ve passed the midyear point! How are all of you doing with your Challenges? Remember, you can always do a challenge AFTER it’s been listed if you need to catch up. If you’re waiting on a Badge, either message your Training Sergeants or have a parent contact the Verd’ika Corps Facebook page and we’ll fix it!
On with our main update!
We’ve had many parents and even a few Alor’ad’e contact the Verd’ika Corps asking some questions about membership, joining, and how the new Verd’ika Corps works with Official Member parents and things like that. We thought we’d try and clear up a few things.
So what is it about the Terms “Verd’ika” and “Trainee” that we need to know?
A “Verd’ika” is a child that Joins the Verd’ika Corps. This is done by having a parent or Legal Guardian contact any one of our Staff Members. We recommend two routes to do this:
1) The website: https://verdikacorps.com/join/ = (this is the link you reach by clicking “Submit your Costume” from the main page) just fill out the webform
2) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VerdikaCorps/ = Submit the needed information via a Facebook message
~ ~ What’s the needed information?
~ ~ ~ Character Name (do not use your real name first and/or last)
~ ~ ~ Age
~ ~ ~ Country of Residence
~ ~ ~ Photograph of the child in armor (helmet on)
A “Trainee” is a Verd’ika that has
1) at least one Parent or Legal Guardian that’s already an Official Member in good standing
2) submitted and passed through the same Approval Process via the App Team that any other Adult Member that joins the MMCC
3) received an Official Membership Number upon completion of the Approval Process
Wait, just submit some stuff? So What about A Profile on the Verdika Website?
Registering a Profile on the Website is not the same as joining. This is because sometimes we have parent accounts, curious fellow fans of Mandos, or potential Verd’ika thinking about creating armor, Sith spies, Rebel scum, spammers… and they all create accounts. But they haven’t joined up as Verd’ika yet!
What if I already created a website profile and have been getting Badges?
If you start doing challenges and we assign you Badges, it’s fine. We would still prefer if you use the web-form to “Officially” submit the child’s info, but so long as they’re getting credit for Challenges they complete, that’s the important thing.
That said… PLEASE if at all possible, create a profile on the Verdika Corps website for yourself (if Age 13+ with Parent/Legal Guardian permission) or if you’re a Parent/Legal Guardian please create Profiles for your Verd’ika Corps eligible children.
It makes things a lot easier for us to help with the Administrative side of things to attach Badges to a website profile!
So, what are the differences between “Verd’ika” and “Trainee” – is it just the armor?
1) Can complete Challenges and get credit
2) Can create Profiles on the Verd’ika Corps website and earn Badges
3) Qualify for any awards and merchandise that becomes available for Verd’ika Corps
4) Must attend events with a Parent or Legal Guardian present
5) Must be under the age of 18. We have no minimum age, but we strongly encourage at least age 4
1) Any armor, any quality, any source is sufficient for membership so long as it fulfills 2 requirements
~ ~ a) Has a head covering/helmet that will protect the child’s privacy
~ ~ b) Is clearly inspired or based on Mandalorian Armor from the Star Wars Universe
2) May NOT Troop “private/invitation only” events extended only to members of Recognized Costuming Groups (MMCC, 501st, Rebel Legion, Droid Builders, etc.)… note, these types of Event are rare.
3) May Troop any and all other types of Events so long as the Event Organizer is aware & has given permission to attend via email/sale of an admission ticket/etc. (conventions, birthday parties, library events, movie premier, etc.) .
~ ~ a) If you are in an area with a Clan or Stronghold, please work with them and their officers/contacts
4) If in an area with an existing MMCC Clan or Stronghold, Verd’ika members do not count towards Clan Membership totals, do not count towards Trooping totals, and are not included in the Invasion Reports
1) One Parent or Legal Guardian must be an Official Member in good standing of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club
2) Has a costume that has fulfilled all requirements set forth in the MMCC CRLs
3) Has gone through the Approval Process and been Approved by the App Team (same process as any Adult MMCC costume)
4) Has received an Official Membership Number
5) May Troop any and all events under the same terms, rules, permissions, restrictions and/or circumstances as any other member of the MMCC and are included on the Invasion Reports
6) Counts towards Clan Invasion numbers, Clan trooping requirements, Clan Member totals, etc.
7) Must Troop at least 1 event per calendar year to stay a Trainee
What about “Official Verd’ika” – I kinda remember we used to have those?
That’s an old term for what we now call “Trainee.” These days we have “Verd’ika” and “Trainee” – that’s it.